Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day Tripping!

A few weeks back, we took a day trip to the Cotswolds.  We visited the town of Bourton on the Water.  They fancy themselves to be "the Venice of the Cotswolds," as they have a small river running through town.  I have heard in the summer, that it is swarming with people letting their children wade in the water.  We went in the winter, so we just enjoyed watching the ducks, window-shopping, and checking out some of the architecture of the town.
The weekend after that, I went to the lovely city of Bath without the kids.  I toured the Roman Baths and walked around the beautiful city to see some of the gorgeous Victorian architecture and window shop some more!

moss grows everywhere in England.  Walking through Bourton

one of the 6 bridges in Bourton


Ellie Claire window shopping in Bourton
Archer in the miniature village in Bourton



EC in the miniature village





At the Roman Baths

Bath Abbey

war memorial outside of Bath Abbey

Bath was truly spectacular!


some of the girls I went to Bath with


1 comment:

  1. Love miniville but really like that all the names of the places you visit remind me of Harry Potter.

    ps,I posted on your friend's Stephanie's thanksgiving blog.

    ReplyDelete