![]() |
| Jones and A |
![]() |
| A in the lavendar |
![]() |
| EC in the garden |
![]() |
| A tinkering in the garden |
It's been 2 weeks since we landed on the European continent. It feels like a lot longer time, as we have done so much in 14 days. We have been so blessed to find some of the nicest people everywhere we go here!
It's amazing how quickly we have made friends, found our niche and become comfortable in our home here. EC repeats every day how much she loves her school. Our house is full of character! We love our neighborhood, and we are convenient to everything!
We've become fast friends with our neighbors a few doors down, Nick, Livia, and Stella. It's nice to have some Americans going through the same thing we are! Yesterday we got to meet our friends from Dallas, Stephanie, Collin, Avery, and Julia. They had just arrived, but we felt like we had known them forever since we have been talking online. They will move into a house on our street soon. On Monday, I went to a Bible Study and met some nice ladies. Many of them have already reached out to me by email, and one, Jill, also an American, invited me to ride in her car up to a super-store. That was great to be able to shop and put the groceries in a car trunk instead of carrying them home on the stroller. It was also great to have someone go out of her way to get to know me and make me feel welcome.
Even the other "mums" at EC's school are all friendly and speak to me every day at drop-off and pick-up. They are always asking where we are from in the States, and how we are adjusting, how we like Oxford, etc. It's so nice to have such friendly people that we see every day.
It's strange, but I don't feel like I'm in a foreign country. I don't feel anxious or bored or lonely. I feel comfortable, happy, and excited about discovering new things.
![]() |
| A pretty tree in our backyard |






Bess I'm so excited to hear that things are going well over there! It looks beautiful. It is so great that the kids are adjusting well and that you have made so many friends already! Gotta go read the rest of your updates - I'm a little behind:)
ReplyDeleteBESS..
ReplyDeleteI am on my way. It sounds and looks like a wonderful place to be and what a great experience for y'all. Can't wait to keep up with y'all through the blog.