![]() |
| Our neighbor's daughter and EC having a tea party in our play room. |
![]() |
| Our new harvest of grapes! |
![]() |
| A and his best friend! |
![]() |
| EC going to church |
![]() |
| The trellis in our backyard that is loaded with grapes |
![]() |
| hiding up under the branches |
![]() |
| EC's boots |
![]() |
| No pants, no problem |
Don't worry, this whole post won't be about sickness.
Our Sunday started out great. We went to St. Andrew's church, which was really nice. We met some more neighbors on our street at church. Then, I was introduced to another girl who went to Samford. Small world! We were walking home from church when EC asked to rest. I thought she was just whining, so I pushed her onwards towards home. We got home, and everyone was getting ready for lunch, but EC said she wanted to lie down and rest. RED FLAG! EC never rests. Resting is like admitting defeat for her. So, I took her temperature. It was 103. Good grief! I can't believe I have another sick kid. So, she got some ibuprofen and spent the day on the couch watching Disney movies on YouTube. She doesn't have any other symptoms yet.
The sad thing was, I was planning on having 2 neighbors and their kids over for the afternoon, as our husbands were all doing a Scavenger Hunt Get-to-know-you thing at the business school. I emailed Stephanie and Livia to say that EC had a fever, and it turns out that their kids were not feeling well either. We are all going down like dominoes!
One neat thing happened today. I went out in the garden with A. He loves to be outside! He can even say "outside!" I was just standing next to this old trellis on the brick wall, looking at nothing, when I noticed a small bunch of grapes. I looked up under all these leafy vines and saw many bunches of grapes. Yay! More fruit in our garden! How fun! I picked a couple of bunches, and A was popping grapes in his mouth one right after another. He didn't seem to mind that they are slightly tart and have seeds.
Today was hard, being stuck in the house with one sick kid and one rowdy kid. Tomorrow is going to be hard too. I am going to keep EC home from school and I won't be able to go to Bible Study, which I really love. Bummer. Hopefully this is just a welcome-to-England illness that will go away and not come back. I really want my kids to be well this winter!









Poor EC! Hope she is up and about soon. Morgan has a little cough-tasticness going on, too. Of course, we were at the doctor yesterday morning for an annual exam and she doesn't start hacking for dear life until that night. Typical. Fingers crossed that everyone else here and there stays well. *hugs*
ReplyDelete